Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Many teachers fill their summer vacations with projects for the upcoming school year.  Last summer, I cataloged all my books into one Excel spreadsheet.  My gracious husband allowed me to stack, sort, and spread all of my books throughout our tiny living room.  This year, I want to find a different way for students to journal in math, reading, and writing.  Through my exploration of Runde's Room, I have a great start for my math journals!  I think I might be using the iPad application Noteshelf for my student's to create interactive reading notebooks but I haven't figured out the logistics quite yet.  I want to combine more of Amiee Buckner's Writer's Notebook strategies to help my students develop strong writing habits.  Now that I am reflecting on my aspirations, I am realizing I have quite the job ahead of me on top of my two Master's classes.  What are you working on this summer to prepare for next year?  Share out in the comments section!

:) Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment