Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hello everyone!  This blog is being created with the intent of having an online PLC of sorts.  A PLC or Professional Learning Community supports its members with open conversation to achieve a shared goal.  My goal is to help other teachers feel comfortable using technology in their classroom.  I use technology daily in my classroom and aspire to help my students use it as a learning resource.  However, I am in no way an expert.  I will post my ideas, others ideas, and helpful resources.  Let's work together to use technology to engage and inspire students!

:)  Katie

4 comments:

  1. Excellent idea Katie! I found out on the last day of school this year that I'm getting a SmartBoard in my classroom and, though I am very excited, I worry that I won't use it to it's fullest potential. I'll be counting on your blog to help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim! I will do my best to write about ideas I have and things I am trying in my classroom! I love to implement the Promethean software and hardware in my daily routine, instruction, or classroom management. Right now, I am reflecting on ways to put some of my anchor charts into ActivInspire so I can reuse and manipulate them at anytime. I don't have a plan yet but when I come up with one, I will blog about it! Happy Summer!

    :) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great to see teachers getting excited about using new technologies. I just hope that the schools lucky enough to get this technology are also giving the training it takes to give the equipment a good test. BTW, I love your background here. How did you implement that?
    Mindy Prosperi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy,

    My district offers different levels of classes to support teachers who want to integrate technology in their classroom. So far, I have completed all that are available while many are still on waiting lists. My intent is to use this blog to support those who are taking the classes I have already completed and using the new technology I already have. I got my background from the templates available in the advanced settings.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete